Playwrights' Studio, Scotland is the nation's only arts organisation exclusively dedicated to the long-term support, development and promotion of Scotland's playwrights. We work actively and creatively with playwrights, connecting them with audiences and organisations, for the ultimate enrichment and enjoyment of the people of Scotland and beyond.
We are using Submittable to help streamline our submissions process. If you are having any problems with the site, please email email@example.com and we'll do our best to help.
For more information about Playwrights' Studio please browse our website:
Written a play but don't know how to take the next step?
Our free script reading service provides an opportunity for Scotland's writers to receive valuable script feedback from theatre professionals. Plays are read anonymously and extensive script reports provided by experienced practitioners in playwriting, directing, producing or dramaturgy.
Please note that during August, Playwrights' Studio staff deliver a significant programme of work as part of the Festival. This means that scripts submitted during this period will take longer to process. We appreciate your understanding during this period.
- Your play will be read anonymously by a highly skilled professional
- You will receive written feedback to help you develop your craft
What plays are eligible?
- Plays by writers who are from Scotland or based in Scotland
- Plays that have not been produced
- Plays for live performance (not TV, film or radio scripts)
- All genre of plays except musicals
- Plays that have not previously been submitted
- Plays submitted must be 40 pages or more in length.
We are only able to consider one play per writer, per year.
Please note that plays written in languages other than English are eligible but may take longer to process.
What happens next?
- You will receive an email acknowledging your submission and detailing the next stage
- Your play will be read anonymously by a highly skilled reader who will give written feedback
- We will send you a copy of this feedback
If you have any questions or difficulties, please get in touch with us on 0141 331 4403 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The information supplied in your application will be processed in accordance with current Data Protection legislation. A digital copy of this form will be share with a trusted sub contractor in order for them to read your submission as part of this process.
A digital copy of this form will be stored on Microsoft OneDrive, an internet-based data storage system. Both Microsoft and Submittable are signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield. No hard copy of this form will be retained.